Life Long Goal Complete

on Thursday, November 6, 2008

One of my dreams in life has been to show up at a restaurant and have the server say to me "the usual?" I always envisioned this dream would be fulfilled much later in life, after I had retired and moved to Florida or something. I would show up at the local diner for breakfast with a newspaper in hand and the waitress would say "goodmorning Dr. Brown, the usual?" And I'd say "yes" and sit there and enjoy my eggs, toast, hashbrowns, and coffee and grumble about how the world was going to pot.

Today I realized I can cross this goal off my life of things to do before I die a lot sooner than I had antcipated. I have been working in the emergency department at Littleton Advenstist Hospital since late August. For those of you who don't know, I work as a scribe in the ED. As a scribe, I assist the doctor in the documentation work, such as taking down notes on charts, entering orders, etc. Anyway, I usually work from 7:30-3:30. I have been making a habit of getting up a little earlier so I can get a hot breakfast at work. For a while I tried a couple things, but for the past two months or so I get the special omelet. It really is the perfect breakfast food because it hits all the major food groups. So I usually arrive around 7:10-7:20 so I can be a little early in the ED. For the past couple of weeks I have walked into the cafeteria and the woman working asks me if I want the usual. It is incredible. Being able to complete this life long goal so early in life is really exciting. Now I will have all kids of time later in life to complete other life long goals. Working in the ED has been a great experience so far, but the best part may be completing this life long goal, only time will tell.

2 comments:

Katie Miller said...

I am glad your life goal is complete.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mikey, It was great to have you here for the week-end. Sorry your flight was delayed leaving S.D. Looking forward to seeing you in 2 weeks!

Mrs. Miller