I Feel Like My House Is Burning Down

on Thursday, November 13, 2008

That's what my friend Ryan Zoradi told me over skype from El Salvador. I feel the same way. Tonight a wildfire swept through Montecito, destroying homes and parts of my college campus. I can't tell you how many memories were made on that campus, like my friend Lesley said in her blog, it is our other home. I go to sleep tonight with a very heavy heart and fear for the students who are spending the night on campus in the gym. I can't imagine a more terrifying scenario. I can't believe this is actually happening. Tonight my thoughts and prayers go out to Westmont and Montecito. I pray that God would protect the area and save what has not yet burned. I pray for the safety of the students, residents, and fire fighters. I am thankful that all my friends in Santa Barbara are safe and I pray the same if true for all those effected by this tragedy. If you read this, please pray.

1 comments:

Tilly said...

The best place for information on the fire that I can find is http://crisiswire.com. They have maps, a Twitter feed, mainstream media and a bunch of other information. I just wanted to pass the information along so no one is left in the dark waiting for the media to report on your area.

God Bless!