Hair Cut

on Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Yesterday I got my haircut. I really like getting my hair cut. I used to hate getting my hair cut. Anyone who has known me for longer than 3 or 4 years can attest to the fact that I used to go as long as I could without scissors touching my hair. That has all changed now, I am clean cut and I get a trim about every four weeks.

I officially have a woman who regularly cuts my hair too. Well, she has only cut it twice, but I plan to keep going back to her for haircuts. A while ago I blogged about my life goal of having a place know what I like to eat for breakfast and how I had achieved that goal. I have no achieved another goal by having a regular stylist.

The real purpose of this post is to propose the question: does anyone else hate their hair the day after they get it cut? I mean seriously, I can never make my hair look as good the next day. It generally takes me a week to get my hair up to par. I pointed this out to my stylist yesterday and she agreed with me. Her theory was that it takes hair a few days to get over the shock of being cut. I am not sure about the legitimacy of the theory, but I like it. It is like a whole community of people on my head. I imagine it would be shocking if once every four weeks a giant pair of scissors mowed down everyone I know. But people lack to the ability to re-grow themselves like hair, so I guess the analogy breaks down there. Anyway, the bottom line is I got my haircut yesterday, so I will probably be looking like a goof on Christmas day, but I should be looking good by New Years.

0 comments: